Friday 9 August 2013

Summer Wishlist #3: Black Shorts (+3 looks)


Though summer's already halfway, there are still some items we would like to appear in our closet. Number three of the summer wishlist series: Black shorts.

Ondanks dat de zomer al halfweg is, zijn er toch nog enkele stukken die we graag zouden zien verschijnen in onze kledingkast. Nummer drie van de Summer Wirshlist serie: Zwarte shorts.
After white shirts, black shorts are another basic essential that's actually missing in my closet. I'm very picky on basics. I want my clothes to be pretty, not just 'okay'. There are a lot of basics out there that aren't ugly, but are not more than okay, so that's why there are some essentials that I don't own yet.

Na de witte bloezen zijn zwarte shorts andere essentiële basics die nog missen in mijn kledingkast. Ik ben heet kieskeurig op basics. Ik wil dat mijn kleren mooi zijn, niet gewoon 'oké'. Er zijn heel veel basics te vinden die niet lelijk zijn, maar ook niet meer dan oké, en daarom zijn er nog een paar essentials die ik nog niet heb.

The shorts! I like the first ones (Motilo) pretty much. It has that 'vintage, worn' (help, I don't know how to describe this!) look, but it isn't too distressed and damaged.
The second (everythingisfashion.nl) are very feminine and somewhat delicate, but I don't know if they look great on a lot of body types...
Leather shorts are risky I think, you want to keep your look neat and (faux) leather can easily look trashy. I thought these ones (unknown, I'm sorry!) were still okay, especially paired with a preppy look.
I like the damaged look, but I probably wouldn't buy these (nelly.com) (particularly because my boyfriend wouldn't let me) because my mind tells me that it's a shame to pay a big amount of money (read: more than very little) for really damaged clothes. I know that's what you pay for and you probably wouldn't do it as pretty yourself, but yes... It's in my head.
The last ones (Quintess) are the most versatile ones. You can wear them with almost any top. Bare legged in summer, with thin or thick tights in fall or winter. On the other hand, they don't have anything that makes them look really special, but that's what makes them so versatile. And if you're fed up with them, you could still choose to distress them yourself

Scroll down to see how I'd combine my three favorites.

De shorts! Ik vind de eerste (Motilo) best wel leuk. Het heeft een 'vintage, gedragen' (help, ik weet niet hoe dit te beschrijven!) uitstraling, maar is niet té beschadigd en kapot.
De tweede (everythingisfashion.nl) is erg vrouwelijk en ietwat delicaat, maar ik weet niet of ze bij elke lichaamsvorm even goed zouden passen...
Lederen shorts zijn riskant denk ik, je wil er deftig uit blijven zien en (vals) leer kan er al snel vulgair gaan uitzien. Ik vond deze best wel meevallen, zeker wanneer gecombineerd met een preppy look.

Ik vind de versleten look leuk, maar deze (nelly.com) zou ik waarschijnlijk niet kopen (vooral omdat mijn vriend het niet zou toestaan) omdat mijn gedachten mij zeggen dat het zonde is om veel geld (lees: meer dan heel weinig) uit te geven aan kapotte kleren. Ik weet dat dat net hetgene is waarvoor je betaalt en het er waarschijnlijk niet zo goed uitziet als je het zelf doet, maar ja... Het zit in mijn hoofd.
De laatste (Quintess) is de meest veelzijdige. Je kan ze met zowat elke top dragen. Met blote benen in de zomer, of met een dunne of dikke kousenbroek in de herfst of winter. Anderzijds is er niet echt iets wat ze speciaal maakt, maar daardoor net zijn ze zo veelzijdig. En als je ze beu zou worden, kan je nog altijd beslissen om ze zelf te verscheuren.

Hieronder toon ik hoe ik mijn drie favorieten zou combineren.



For festivals: T-Shirt - H&M; Shirt - objectci.com; Glasses - wholesalecelebshades.com; Boots - asos.com

For warm evenings: Hat - Donna Piu; Top - nelly.com; Shoes - deezee.pl; Earrings - Wallis

For the colder days to come: Shirt - Net a porter; Socks - H&M; Beanie - General Pants; Belt - Las Oreiro



Background image - Font by Brittney Murphy, downloaded on dafont.com

1 comment: